Antique rugs are handmade rugs that are at least 100 years old. They are often made with natural materials such as wool, silk, or cotton and are prized for their unique designs, craftsmanship, and cultural significance. Many antique rugs are made in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe, and they can be found in a variety of styles, including Persian, Turkish.
MORE ABOUT ANTIQUE RUG
Welcome to our antique rug emporium, where history, artistry, and craftsmanship intertwine to offer a captivating selection of rugs that transcend time. Rug has been an item used for centuries to meet the need for a comfortable and warm floor. Although the antique rugs used in history are with animal skins and plants, colors and patterns have been embroidered on the rugs over time. Very old rugs are called antique carpets.
According to Chinese researchers, the first woven carpet models in history were made by Central Asian Turks. Today, Turkish or Ottoman carpets are still among the most sought after rug types in the world. Famous rug brands in Europe sell Turkish rug models. For a rug to be antique and to be considered in the rug category, it must be made before the 1920s. But is it enough just to have a rug made in the 1920s ? if you say; It is not an entirely sufficient criterion. In order for a rug to be in the category of antique rug and to be valuable at the same time, it is equally important that it is made by hand-woven technique, using different materials and processed with special motifs, without using chemical dyes. This is why; Rugs produced between 1860 and 1870 are mostly considered as antique rugs.Antique rugs are very rare to find, as these are very rare rugs. That's why these rare rugs are selling out very fast.
Each piece in our collection tells a unique story, woven into the threads of intricate patterns and vibrant hues. As you step into the world of antique rugs, you will embark on a journey of discovery, immersing yourself in the cultural heritage and artistic marvels of bygone eras. Let us guide you through the enchanting categories that await, as we unveil the beauty and allure of antique rugs.
What makes a rug antique
An antique rug is generally defined as a rug that is at least 100 years old. However, there are several key factors that contribute to making a rug truly antique and highly valued:
- Age: As mentioned above, the primary characteristic of an antique rug is its age. For a rug to be considered antique, it must have been woven at least a century ago. The older the rug, the more historical and valuable it is likely to be.
- Handmade Craftsmanship: Antique rugs are exclusively handwoven, and the craftsmanship involved is often intricate and highly skilled. Each rug is carefully crafted by skilled artisans who use traditional techniques, such as hand knotting, to create the intricate patterns and designs.
- Timeless Design: Antique rugs typically feature designs and motifs that have stood the test of time. These patterns often carry cultural and historical significance, and they are not influenced by modern design trends that come and go.
- Natural Materials: Authentic antique rugs are made from natural materials, such as wool, silk, or cotton. These fibers not only contribute to the durability of the rug but also lend a unique texture and sheen that is highly prized.
- Artistic Value: Antique rugs are considered works of art due to their artistic merit and the skill involved in their creation. Many antique rugs feature intricate designs, elaborate borders, and carefully chosen color palettes that elevate them from functional floor coverings to valuable art pieces.
- Rarity: As time passes, many antique rugs become rarer as they are lost, damaged, or collected by enthusiasts. The scarcity of certain designs or patterns can significantly increase the value of an antique rug.
- Historical and Cultural Significance: Antique rugs often have a story to tell about the culture, traditions, and lifestyle of the people who wove them. They can provide insights into the history and artistry of different regions and civilizations.
- Condition: The condition of an antique rug plays a significant role in determining its value. While some wear and patina are expected due to age, well-preserved antique rugs are generally more sought after and command higher prices.
What is difference of Antique Rugs And Vintage Rugs
Antique rugs are rugs that are more than 100 years old. Vintage Rugs, on the other hand, are rugs between the ages of 20-80. All antique rugs in Vintage Oushak Rugs are original products with a history of 100 years.
The Heritage of Persians and Anatolia to Us
Step into the heart of the Persian Empire with our exquisite collection of Persian antique rugs. Crafted with utmost precision and attention to detail, these rugs are the epitome of timeless elegance. From the luxurious floral motifs of Isfahan rugs to the bold geometric patterns of Heriz rugs, each piece exudes a sense of opulence that has enchanted connoisseurs for centuries. Explore the rich color palettes and impeccable craftsmanship that make Persian Rugs a symbol of luxury and refinement.
Venture into the captivating world of Anatolian antique rugs, where ancient weaving traditions continue to flourish. Anatolian rugs, originating from Turkey, are renowned for their vibrant colors and geometric designs that celebrate cultural motifs and sacred symbols. Admire the stunning medallions of Ushak rugs, the intricate details of Konya rugs, and the symbolic motifs of Bergama rugs as you journey through the captivating Anatolian heritage.
Our Timeless Antique Rug Collections
Our Timeless Antiuque rugs category pays homage to the enduring designs that have stood the test of time. These antique rugs feature iconic patterns that have transcended generations, making them the perfect addition to both traditional and contemporary spaces. Embrace the elegance of Serapi rugs, revel in the charm of Sultanabad rugs, and discover the grace of Kashan rugs as you explore our selection of these timeless masterpieces.
Antique rugs, sourced from various Mesopotamia regions, exhibit an unparalleled charm that captivates the imagination. Revel in the luxurious silk threads of antique Persian rugs, be mesmerized by the breathtaking artistry of Indian Agra rugs, and experience the elegance of antique Tibetan rugs, all of which add a touch of mystique and sophistication to any space.
Indulge in the enchantment of our antique rug collection, where every piece is a testament to the beauty of age-old artistry and cultural heritage. From Persian treasures to Oriental splendor, our carefully curated categories offer a diverse array of designs and styles that cater to every taste and preference. As you embark on your quest to find the perfect antique rug, let the stories and craftsmanship woven into each rug ignite your passion for history and appreciation for the enduring beauty of these timeless masterpieces.In addition, you can examine Throw Pillows models that are compatible with your antique carpets.
Whats prices of antique rugs?
The prices of antique rugs can vary significantly based on several factors, including the rug's age, origin, size, condition, design complexity, and rarity. Authentic antique rugs, especially those with historical significance and exceptional craftsmanship, can be valuable and command high prices. On the other hand, less rare or damaged antique rugs may be more affordable.