Anatolian turkish rugs,antique tribal rugs,wool rugs,home decor rugs,unique rugs,retro oushak rugs,floor rugs,nomedic turkish rugs
Vintage Turkish/Anatolian Rug, Handmade, Nomadic, Deep Pile, All Wool, All Natural Colours
* Size: 6.7x3.5 ft / 200x104cm
* A 1950 vintage rug from central Anatolia, all wool, hand made, classic design, all natural wool (no dye was used), warm colours, fine condition (no repairs). The very deep pile indicates that it was made as a bed (or Tulu) for nomadic shepherds, almost certainly Yoruk from the central highlands. It will liven up any space, especially a bedroom;. semi-antique nomadic carpets like this one have become very difficult to find in good condition. The colours are from natural wool, no dyes were used.
* Professionally cleaned and ready for use.
* Free Shipping, via Dhl Express/Fedex.
* Estimated delivery: 5-7 days after ordering.
Thank you for your interest, we hope you enjoy the carpet for years to comeWhat is handmade vintage rug?
Between 1920 and 1990, one hundred percent of the hands were touched.
natural sheep wool or cotton was used and some of the paint was made from nature.
some of these are made with the technique of flat weaving, some of them were woven with knots.
it would usually be touched by two ladies and would last between a month and a year, depending on their size.
woven carpets were used on the ground in Anatolia.each family would weave carpets based on the number of children in the house because,a member of the family would touch her with at least five carpets when she was getting married, as a gift to her home .This is a common tradition in the Anatolian region.
after many years, these carpets are purchased again by carpet collectors like us, and all repairs are made and cleaned are presented to the taste of our valued customers.
so it is purely a work of art.
Handmade rugs sometimes have some mistakes, such as curvature and sometimes minor abrasions on the knots.
these are perfectly normal because they're a hundred percent hand-woven.
please ask for detailed information and pictures about the product to avoid any problems after purchase.
please respect these cultural values and manual labor.
Thanks for visit my store.
Retired Canadian diplomat, former Editor of a Canadian magazine on diplomacy and the Foreign Service, residing part time in old Gelveri Cappadocia, central Turkey. An avid collector of Turkish carpets and kilims (flat weave), I joined forces with a local carpet expert to offer a wide variety of the region's best at accessible prices. All items are shipped directly from Turkey.